Menu

Testing in MCT? Vocabulary Tests in General?

Has anyone created tests for MCT's vocabulary or other the other MCT books?  What about vocabulary testing in other programs?  What are some of the features, fun things, or ways to really make sure the information is not just rote?

My son is asking for Caesar's English tests since he is really loving all the words, history, and such.  For my text anxiety kiddo to ask specifically for a test is quite remarkable and I do not want this opportunity to go by without jumping on it.  They do not have to be official tests, just something that I can make look test-ish.  Ours are not going to actually count for anything other than just practice and me writing a score on top of the page for him to get excited about.  I can make some up, but I was curious what anyone else had discovered or if others were out there so I didn't have to reinvent the wheel?

We don't do MCT now, but I also am having trouble testing vocabulary. Our program is Sadlier Oxford and they include an online quiz  per unit, however, it seems to be the kind of test you do not want, which is recall. (there are further tests on that quiz website whose name escapes me now).

My DS gets the tests 100% correct, then proceeds to forget the word in a couple of weeks. I am resigned to not expecting 100% retention and relying on the compounding effects of us focusing on vocabulary across the curriculum. I also ask him to make sentences with particular words.