Menu

All-in-One Craft Boxes? (Like Shirley's Prepackaged Crafts) - See post #39

RootAnn

I guess we are 'charter members' - I can't say enough good things about these! My ds#1 did the first two months almost all by himself & now ds#2 is using February's. 

There are enough crafts for three per week - which is PERFECT for a busy mom with a lot of other things going on. Once I knew how great they were, I went ahead & did the multi-month ordering because then I don't have to remember to go back onto the blog mid-month to order for the next month. There is variety in the materials & types of crafts, there is value in the items sent (it isn't all just paper materials), there are suggested books & activities that go along with each craft, and some of them tie into themes (President's Day, Valentine's Day, who knew there was a Polar Bear Day?).

Everyday ds#2 does his chores and then asks, "Is today a craft day?"

I guess we are 'charter members' - I can't say enough good things about these! My ds#1 did the first two months almost all by himself & now ds#2 is using February's. 

There are enough crafts for three per week - which is PERFECT for a busy mom with a lot of other things going on. Once I knew how great they were, I went ahead & did the multi-month ordering because then I don't have to remember to go back onto the blog mid-month to order for the next month. There is variety in the materials & types of crafts, there is value in the items sent (it isn't all just paper materials), there are suggested books & activities that go along with each craft, and some of them tie into themes (President's Day, Valentine's Day, who knew there was a Polar Bear Day?).

Everyday ds#2 does his chores and then asks, "Is today a craft day?"

This makes me teary-eyed, :crying:  in a good way!  Not only are you a charter member, you are the reason I'm doing this. :hurray:   I am so happy that the crafts are meeting your needs.  

Would it be ok if I quoted your post (from above) and put it on my blog/FB page?  I don't have many reviews other than the generic "we love these!" which is nice but it doesn't really give parents a good idea as to why they should purchase, KWIM?  I'm putting the March kits together in the morning and getting them shipped hopefully either tomorrow night or Tuesday morning.

You can absolutely quote me. (Just for everyone else's knowledge, I don't get any kind of a kick-back on this and I don't want one. I want everyone to know I say good things about these crafts & this product because they ARE meeting our needs & they ARE good quality. You might want something different - in which case, check the other links in my first post.)

Everyone who reads this thread can see where I was when I found out Shirley's was going out of business. And everyone can see where we are now - happy with Kristin's Crafts.

I bought two extra January kits so I could give them to other homeschooling parents of little ones so they could try them out. As finances permit, I plan to do it again in the fall with new families.

Edited to add:  We did the February Dental Health Month craft this morning. The red playdough with the white seeds makes a surprisingly realistic (CREEPY) looking mouth. It was especially instructive as some of the 'teeth' fell out as we were 'talking' with the mouth. That led into the importance of brushing your teeth so your own teeth don't fall out! We also discussed how our teeth have roots to keep them firmly in our mouths, unlike the seeds we were using to make teeth in our craft mouth. Now, I am moving onto work with eldest & ds#2 is happily content to play with his playdough for awhile longer. Win-win!