What's with the ads?

#1 wy_kid_wrangler04

wy_kid_wrangler04

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7387 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:30 PM

Does MFW sell sets for this? Does it have a list of books? Recommendations? We are starting MFW next year with everybody and I am just doing MFW K this year with ds. We will be doing ECC next year. Thanks

#2 Emmy

Emmy

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1605 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:32 PM

There is a list in the back of each manual with the book basket books.

#3 Pylegang

Pylegang

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1024 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:16 PM

They don't sell sets of the books listed in the Book Basket, but that's a wonderful idea! MFW does put asterisks next to books/videos that they highly recommend from Book Basket. When you get you're guide, you could consider those items for purchase first.

#4 Evanthe

Evanthe

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5110 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:55 AM

Yep, what they said. :iagree: Also, I try to avoid buying books at all cost. :D I look for them at the library...and MFW usually has several suggestions for a book to go along with a lesson (in case your library doesn't have the "one" book they are suggesting).

#5 Momma H

Momma H

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:59 AM

If you want to buy the books I would check the Amazon lists. At least for some of the years I think people have make lists of the books to buy so at least they are all there.
If it were me because we are not doing so hot financially, I would look at the asterisked selections (recommemded ones) and see what I thought of those and buy those. Just my two cents!

#6 cbollin

cbollin

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2795 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:12 AM

right now the only book basket set they sell are the Kindy Lit. Pack.

http://www.mfwbooks....ts/M50/20/0/0/1

I don't know if they'll do more in the future or not. I like getting books from BooksBloom when needed. But I like my library :)

-crystal

What's with the ads?