Menu

Paging Dr. Hive - Rash

DD asked me if she had anything (like a rash, bug bite, etc.) under her chin 2 days ago, because it was really itchy. I didn't really see anything, and told her not to worry about it and it would probably stop itching. By yesterday, there was clearly some red bumps there, but again.....I wasn't too concerned.

Well.......TODAY she has red bumps all over her face, arms, and neck. She says it's extremely itchy. It doesn't really look like poison ivy. I'm at a loss. Here's some pics, anybody have a clue????

4741985313_5cd9d3aab0.jpg

4741985815_6b55b7e2d6.jpg

4742624516_0352e4fa66.jpg

4742624810_65b87506f7.jpg

4742625484_5eb681b96d.jpg

It just never had the blistery appearance of poison ivy. The bumps are smaller than that.

She has been swimming in 3 different pools - 2 of which were not where we normally go (one at her aunt's and one at her grandparent's house). Hmmm.........it just keep spreading and getting worse.

ETA: Thank you all for the compliments :)

It looks like poison ivy to me; my son has a stripe of it on his arm right now that looks very similar to the one she has on the side of her face.

Do you have pets who go outside? My kids have had poison ivy several times from hugging cats who have traipsed through the woods. Their fur catches the oils from the ivy and transfers it to the kids' skin.

Well, I took her to the dr this afternoon.

Looks like it's some sort of poisonous plant reaction. Hard to say which one or even where she got it, but since it's on her face mostly he said it would be best not to do much in the way of cortisone creams. So, she's got a prescription for Prednisone and then he did give us a cream too in case we get desperate.