Menu

Does anyone know of and use a good writing curriculum...

Donna

I am looking for a writing curriculum for my 6th grader (12yo). He qualifies for CTY but theirs are so expensive. I have used Writing Strands, Writing Power, and Wordsmith but am not getting the results I would like with him. He is lazy about writing and will do the minimum just to get finished.

I would like something possibly online where his work could be evaluated by someone other than me and discussed with him to help him improve. Criticism from Mom is not taken well no matter how constructive since he turned into a slightly moody pre-teen.

I know he is capable of much more than he does at this point. He started his own book a few months back and the first few chapters weren't bad for a kid his age but he lost interest.

Any ideas?

Also, someone once directed me to a website with writing samples by grade and since I had to reboot my computer, I cannot find it again.

Thanks.

Have you looked at http://www.bravewriter.com/? Their not so much a writing curriculum but a how to course for the mother to learn how to teach writing. They also have online classes, some for the parent and child and some for just the child. It is really good for reluctant writers and starts where the child is.

Arch At Home