Menu

Resource for studying scientific classification?

Ali in OR

We'll be studying Life Science next year and continuing our study of Latin. I think we'd enjoy learning the Latin scientific names for many animals and plants. I'm interested in the whole classification system too. This would be for a 4th grader who could probably handle up to middle school level material since we'll go through it together. Thanks for any suggestions.

I have written a taxonomic study of the animal and plant kingdoms - volume one (Animalia) should be out this summer. I can let you know exactly when when I get a firm date from the publisher. It is integrated with Latin and Greek and teaches the two kingdoms following their taxonomic classifications. In the meantime :) , check out the Resources for K-12 Instructors at Animal Diversity Web. They have some neat stuff there, and you can move up and down the taxonomy charts on their main site. Berkeley also has an interesting taxonomy site you might want to check out.

Edited by Tutor