Menu

Jenny in Florida...

Jenny,

I read your post about feeling less comfortable around here.

I just wanted to apologize for snapping at you in the thread about guns, etc.

I am afraid my post may have added to your hurt feelings.

(((Jenny))) You have always been so helpful to me in the past, and I greatly admire your dedication in homeschooling your children.

Please forgive me.

Jenny,

I saw that post as well. Honestly, I don't come here thinking it's an "us" and "them" sort of board. 90 % of the time, I want info from everyone on the board and rarely give a person's religion a second thought (or even a first thought for that matter).

There are times I want info specifically from Christians -- particularly if it is counsel on something that has Biblical significance. I am actually instructed in my faith to rely on the counsel of people of my faith.

This doesn't mean I think less of anyone with a different faith. If I ask about favorite blush wines, I don't want only input from other Christians, and I don't need a lecture about why Christians shouldn't be drinking wine. I just want wine recommendations.

Now, just as I don't start threads questioning another person's faith (in a "pick a fight" sort of way) or join in on conversations of a specific religious nature different than mine, I do appreciate it when others do the same. I can think of a few threads of this nature lately, but I cannot remember who started them, etc.

I want everyone to feel welcome here, and I would like to feel welcome having my specific faith without feeling I have to justify it to everyone or answer for every other person in the world with the same faith as mine. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think I have ever attacked anyone's religion (or lack thereof) or questioned it. When questioned on mine, I will answer back with answers based on my belief system, though.

I come here to chat about all sorts of things with all sorts of people. I honestly also come here to help others -- to answer questions, to share things I've found that have worked, etc. I have never come here thinking, "now, time to chat with my Christian friends." I come here because you all are my homeschooling friends who are up all sorts of times of the day. You all are people I have opened up quite a bit to. This is not a religious or Christian board to me.

My babbling may have made things worse, but my intentions are to make things better.

I enjoy reading Jenny's posts, and would hate to think she feels uncomfortable here. Sometimes threads can get heated, and there are probably a few people whose sole interest is starting and/or perpetuating an argument, or in hurting other people's feelings, but from my brief experience here, I honestly think that most people mean well.

Sending Jenny a :grouphug:

Cat