Menu

Anyone ever move a pool table?

We have the opportunity to get a pool table, but we have to move it ourselves. The lady who has it said she isn't sure the top can come off or how to go about doing this. My DH talked to a guy about it who said we would need to hire someone professional to do the job.

So now I don't know. Have you done this yourselves? How did you transport it? The table is 8 ft long and I am not sure on the width.

Thanks.

from my MIL who was moving, we had a pro move it. It was a 1 piece slate top and that alone weighed 300 lbs. and it was going into a basement. If they broke it, they would have to pay for it. The rails came off and the base/legs were several parts too. When we retire and move, it is going to stay with the house.

Good luck.

The slate top is pretty delicate...it damages easily in a move.

Pool tables are one item that need to be set up just right--AND level. We live out in the boonies and I think we paid around $100 for them to move it for the rug change...

Call your local billard store and ask for a referral...

Someone giving you a pool table is like someon giving you a 'free' horse--there are some up front expenses before you can enjoy them.

Our pool table is smack dab in the center of our great room. Sometimes it is just used as a 'vertical surface/clutter keeper' and other times it is used daily. My teens are both pool sharks--it has been a great feature to have--as my girls and their friends tend to gather at our house--I always know where they are!