Menu

Y'all are gonna get sick of me...

But I am having so much fun. Some of the sights we are getting to see are not appreciated by some people. If you have ship enthusiasts like I do, then check this out. There is a Spanish naval training ship in the harbor here in Galveston and it is so cool. There's more info on my blog about its history, but how neat is it that my kids got to take a tour of a Spanish naval training ship?! Life is good... :001_smile:

I love reading about your shop, seeing pics of the view. Feels like a glimpse of home.

I lived an hour outside of Dallas the first four yrs of my life & an hour outside of Houston the next four. Sometimes I wonder which metroplex is truly home. They both hold so much of me.

I love reading about your shop, seeing pics of the view. Feels like a glimpse of home.

I lived an hour outside of Dallas the first four yrs of my life & an hour outside of Houston the next four. Sometimes I wonder which metroplex is truly home. They both hold so much of me.

I lived in Dallas until I was 34. I have been totally resistant to learning a new city(Houston) until we decided to move to Galveston. This island is so "us". I needed the stability of suburbia when dh and I married 5 years ago. But we decided in January that it's time to get weird. When we sell our house, we plan to get a loft on the Strand. What's great is that our kids are just as excited as we are. God has really blessed us. I recommend flying-by-the-seat-of-your-pants to anyone! :party:

I lived in Dallas until I was 34. I have been totally resistant to learning a new city(Houston) until we decided to move to Galveston. This island is so "us". I needed the stability of suburbia when dh and I married 5 years ago. But we decided in January that it's time to get weird. When we sell our house, we plan to get a loft on the Strand. What's great is that our kids are just as excited as we are. God has really blessed us. I recommend flying-by-the-seat-of-your-pants to anyone! :party:

After my mom & dad were divorced, dad rented a beach house on Crystal Beach for his permanent address. It was very off the beaten path, & I've wished ever since that I could live more like that. In the end, though, I think it left him by himself more than was healthy for *him.* I don't know. The island can get lonely.