Menu

Chalkdust SAT Math prep questions...

My dc would spend about 30-40 minutes a day on it 5 days a week. On Saturdays, they would work through the real SAT tests. It took about 6 weeks. Then they went over sections they felt they were weaker on for another month. They also continued with their regular math, but I had them drop one of their other subjects which the caught up with in the summer. HTHs

Yes, definitely saw an improvement in scores. Both DD and DS scores on the PSAT after finishing 1/2 Saxon Adv. Algebra with no SAT prep was 53.

After CD SAT review, DS was getting around 700-720 on the real tests at home. Unfortunately, this DS had serious test day stress and final score was 610.

DD, my non-mathy one, final score 620 which was what she was getting at home on the practice tests.

I am trying to decide what to use for nonmathy senior next year. I was wondering about CD SAT math prep with some TTC videos or maybe a semester of TT Pre-Calc. (she has taken Alg 1, Geom, Alg 2 (Math Relief on the last one which I know MRelief doesn't cover all the concepts in VT Alg 2 which another dtr used). (This is the girl who forgets all her math every summer - and the next fall needs quite the review before being ready for the next "higher" math course.

Math takes 1.5-3 hours a day around here and requires a lot of hand holding despite the video programs we use. So I was hoping to keep math closer to 1-1.5 hrs next year.

I supp we'd start Chalkdust SAT review, (along with a SAT Test Prep book) in mid August to be ready for the Oct SATs. Then we could pick up another semester course to finish out our math year???

Her career thoughts are nursing or translator?

Ideas, thoughts, comments? (and what would such a course be called)

Thanks!

Lisaj