Menu

An update on my mom (Robin Finley) and her battle with cancer

Hello, ladies!

Well, I promised I would check in and let you know mom's progress. I have great news to report!

Mom has been on treatment since July 2008. She is not on cytotoxic chemo; instead she is taking anti-angiogenesis drugs and supplements that cut the blood supply off to the tumors without hurting her immune system. She also is eating an almost completely organic diet and eats no sugar.

She has had two scans (Jan and Mar) and everything is totally stable! No growth at all. We really have no way of knowing if the tumors are dead or just no growing, but with mom's rare type of cancer stability is great.

We fly out tomorrow for MACHE and have a full schedule of conferences this summer. Mom has pain attacks sometimes with exertion (we don't think this related to the cancer, but we don't know what it is) so for long walks she uses a wheelchair. She still going to be teaching workshops and everything; I'm very excited.

Thank you for all your love and prayers!

Erin, this is great to hear!

I understand all to well what you are going through. My son Tyler was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia back in Feb. 2002 and followed a three year chemotherapy protocal and my dad was just diagnosed with Acinic Cell Carcinoma in Sept. 2008. He had to have surgery to remove the tumor and then underwent 8 weeks of extensive radiation.

I wanted you to know that there can be hope in this. My son is now a 7 year survivor and doing great!

My dad also just had his 6 month follow up PET scan and everything came back clear!

I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she continues to do well.

Jennifer

Thank you all for the well wishes! We're off to MACHE in MN this evening; our first convention of the season. Should be fun!

Oh Erin that's very good to hear. I met your mom at ENOCH in NJ last May, your booth was right across from mine (Tapestry of Grace.) I will continue to pray.

Karen

Hi, Karen! Yes, I remember! We hope to see you again this year, although we won't be at ENOCH.

Hello, ladies!

Well, I promised I would check in and let you know mom's progress. I have great news to report!

Mom has been on treatment since July 2008. She is not on cytotoxic chemo; instead she is taking anti-angiogenesis drugs and supplements that cut the blood supply off to the tumors without hurting her immune system. She also is eating an almost completely organic diet and eats no sugar.

She has had two scans (Jan and Mar) and everything is totally stable! No growth at all. We really have no way of knowing if the tumors are dead or just no growing, but with mom's rare type of cancer stability is great.

We fly out tomorrow for MACHE and have a full schedule of conferences this summer. Mom has pain attacks sometimes with exertion (we don't think this related to the cancer, but we don't know what it is) so for long walks she uses a wheelchair. She still going to be teaching workshops and everything; I'm very excited.

Thank you for all your love and prayers!

Praise God!!!! I continue to pray for her DAILY and rejoice in this good news! :D