Menu

Lunapads?

I use them. Sporadically. Lately (late 40s), things are a little "heavy" and so I've been resorting to disposables during peak times, but I really like them for the rest of the time.

After use, I pop them into an large plastic container (like an ice cream or yogurt container) with some water and store them under the bathroom sink until I'm doing a load of laundry. I rinse them and then just throw them in with a load of colours (they're bright colours, which I kinda like.) I'm in charge of laundry in the household, and my teen boys have never commented on them in the basket of dried clothing that I fold while watching TV.

The only issue I have is that they tend to move around a bit when I'm wearing them. So I'd err on the side of longer pads.

I've also used the Sea Pearls sponges which are great. I need to get some more as they start to disintegrate after a few months. I've been trying to find a pharmacy that sells them here in Toronto...I think I originally bought them from the LunaPads website, but they don't seem to carry them anymore.

Janet, I've see the Sea Pearls at health food stores.

Alison, I have some Luna Pads that I use as back up for my Diva Cup on my heavier days. I had a pair of Luna Panties that I just LOVED, but they wore out after a year. I only bought the one pair to try, one of these days I'm going to order more. I bought extra liners for the pads and panties too, and that was very helpful.

I haven't really needed to use them in a very long time though, as I no longer have issues with my cup leaking (learning curve). I just empty it more often on heavier days. I had used other types of cloth pads before, and the Luna Pads were my favorite.

she really likes the way you can change the liner (or make it double, etc.) without having to change the whole pad. She finds that Luna Pads are good for her active lifestyle. I have been thinking of getting her a couple pair of Luna Panties for when she is away hiking.

I use New Moon Pads & like them. Dd didn't like them as much as they don't have snaps to fasten them onto your underwear. Dd found that they moved around too much for her.

JMHO,

I haven't used that brand but I have used cloth pads for many years now. The feel of disposables irks me nowadays, the cloth feels comforting. I have a small bucket in the laundry, with a lid, and I just check the pads in there (in water, with or without oxybleach) until I have finished, then I wash them in the machine just with my clothes. They never stain, but it wouldn't matter to me if they did a bit.