Menu

Have any of you ever posted on the Vegsource Boards?

I used to lurk there and posted a few times. There used to be so much info and discussion there. I just checked it out for the first time in a long time and nothing is going on there now. There are sometimes more than days between the posts! Anyone know what has happened?

There seem to be a few posters who still check in there. Anyone want to pop over and keep them company?

http://www.vegsource.com/homeschool

Shannon

I've never been over there but I remember some people here complaining about being banned for no reason. I think administrators there would ban large groups of people since they didn't have the ability to ban single posters. It must have gotten to be too big of a hassle over there.

That's why I stopped visiting too.

Banning people...I forgot they did that. That might explain it. I learned a lot about curriculum on their boards years ago. Just sad to see the state of their boards now.

Shannon

I've never been over there but I remember some people here complaining about being banned for no reason. I think administrators there would ban large groups of people since they didn't have the ability to ban single posters. It must have gotten to be too big of a hassle over there.

Something about my ISP being the same as someone who caused trouble. They said I'd have to contact the administrator(s) in order to be reinstated; I did, and received a couple of really nasty e-mails from somebody (I won't mention the name), and then it was MONTHS before my account was reinstated. By that time, I'd lost interest, and started coming to the WTM boards and a couple of other HSing boards. Nowadays, there's so little activity -- I guess they ran everybody off -- and the pages load so s-l-o-w-l-y that I only visit once in awhile to check the swap boards.

Edited by ereks mom

The pages started getting soooooo sllllllooooowww. And the pop up ads (which I think are better now).

And, this is going to sound very tacky, forgive me -- but once I discovered and became accustomed to the intelligent and diverse conversation here, vegsource lost some of its appeal.

I still value and esteem the "friends" I made there; everyone was always very kind to me. I learned a lot about curriculum there, and I do often pop back in and lurk just to remind myself that I'm not, in fact, the ONLY non-classical home educator in the world.

I was a vegetarian first, and VegSource led me to homeschooling. So I will always be grateful to Jeff and Sabrina for that, and for hosting a homeschooling site before there were so many to choose from. I've been posting as LoriM on the Internet for fifteen years now, and my first real web community was VegSource. :)

But no, I don't go there anymore...I ran out of time, and Dr. McDougall left VegSource to go to his own site, so I went there instead. GRIN. And here, of course, for hsing.