Menu

Dessert dilema . . . I want to make Pioneer Woman's bread pudding recipe.

It's our 21st anniversary today and my dh and I have invited our best friends over for dinner tonight (I love to cook so this was my idea and not a burden). So for dessert I wanted to make Ree's bread pudding for those who don't like bread pudding. I love, love, love bread pudding. My friend says she has never had it (except the kind our mothers made a hundred years ago . . .you know, throw all the leftover bread in a pot).

So, has anyone made this recipe and can verify that it's delicious even for hesitant bread pudding lovers?

And, if not, what's an alternative dessert that I can make for tonight?

I had never had bread pudding before I made this recipe. I hate the idea of smooshy and soggy bread in a liquid. I even like my cereal dry. But I made Ree's recipe because my husband has mentioned several times that he loves bread pudding. When I saw Ree's recipe I thought it would be perfect to try. So I made it and even i liked it. The bread was not to soggy and the flavors were delicious. My husband also loved it and commented that it was very good. " a very fancy bread pudding" I think if it is your aniversary and you love bread pudding so much you should make it. Just be sure and serve your friend a small serving from the side to see if maybe she might like it. Enjoy!

Oh, and Happy Anniversary!

I had never had bread pudding before I made this recipe. I hate the idea of smooshy and soggy bread in a liquid. I even like my cereal dry. But I made Ree's recipe because my husband has mentioned several times that he loves bread pudding. When I saw Ree's recipe I thought it would be perfect to try. So I made it and even i liked it. The bread was not to soggy and the flavors were delicious. My husband also loved it and commented that it was very good. " a very fancy bread pudding" I think if it is your aniversary and you love bread pudding so much you should make it. Just be sure and serve your friend a small serving from the side to see if maybe she might like it. Enjoy!

Oh, and Happy Anniversary!

This same friend isn't crazy about the taste of alcohol (I'm beginning to wonder how she is my best friend :001_smile:). The rest of us are good with it. How whiskeyish doses it taste? (I'm making it anyways but I just was curious.)

I liked the sauce, but I don't mind the taste of alcohol in very sweetened foods. I think it remember it tasting a little strong of alcohol, but then again I am ultrasensitive to alcohol taste. Maybe just leave a small portion of the sauce without alcohol for your friend.

I made it at Christmas and not only did I love it, but so did everyone else as well. This was a large party, and folks raved about it. It was wonderful! I loved the sauce too, though I made it with brandy rather than whiskey. The sauce was so lovely and rich--one scoop truly was enough for each serving.

Be brave--go for it. It's truly a lovely dessert, and one I intend to make again.

I made it at Christmas and not only did I love it, but so did everyone else as well. This was a large party, and folks raved about it. It was wonderful! I loved the sauce too, though I made it with brandy rather than whiskey. The sauce was so lovely and rich--one scoop truly was enough for each serving.

Be brave--go for it. It's truly a lovely dessert, and one I intend to make again.

And if my friend doesn't like it . . . more for me. (Okay I'm sounding a bit selfish. Actually I bought strawberries and ice cream for any party poopers lol!)