Menu

Any great project or notebooking ideas for the American Revolution?

home4school

I think we have all the readers, read-alouds, movies covered. We're reading Johnny Tremain, watching Liberty's Kids and The Patriot (I did prescreen that for places to fast forward!) in addition to our spine and other assorted books that go in that period. Are there any don't miss projects or things to bring it more to life?

I found a lapbook for AR, but my boys really don't enjoy lapbooking. I was thinking of just making some notebook pages for important events, people, battles, etc. Like lapbooking, but not lapbooking!:tongue_smilie: Suggestions of other notebook things to include or a neat way to do this?

There just seems to be so much info to cover, I don't want them to miss out on important things.

Thanks!

Kim

BTW, they are 10 & 12.

Give them your video camera and tell them to make a movie of the things the learned about the Revolution. My kids did one on the Colonial time period and it was hilarious. They learned a lot by doing it too. My girls are 10 and 12, and they did it all by themselves--completely no help from me.