Menu

"You are the hardest teacher I ever had!"

Music to my ears. And then my 8th grade ds went on to tell me that he has seen what his ps 8th grade friend is doing and it's nowhere near as hard as what my ds does. And as if that wasn't enough of a compliment, he complained that I'm trying to make him smarter than he "needs to be." Of course, at 13 he may be underestimating how much he needs to know a bit. I had to laugh.

Music to my ears. And then my 8th grade ds went on to tell me that he has seen what his ps 8th grade friend is doing and it's nowhere near as hard as what my ds does. And as if that wasn't enough of a compliment, he complained that I'm trying to make him smarter than he "needs to be." Of course, at 13 he may be underestimating how much he needs to know a bit. I had to laugh.

I had a meanest-teacher-ever day too! Although he said it with his eyes only. It is the standard glare I receive when I hand the paper back to the child and say that I "cannot accept work that sloppy. Do it over." Then I may or may not add a statement about how they can't possibly be proud of that work.

Mean moms unite!

Jo

And as if that wasn't enough of a compliment, he complained that I'm trying to make him smarter than he "needs to be."

Mine is 16 and just reported the same to me a few weeks ago when he was feeling particularly plaqued by mean old mom/teacher. His friends in "regular schools" were a year behind him in Math and Literature and didn't have so much work all the time. He is considered the "smart" one in his group. Him::angry: Me::D

The first thing that popped into my head was my mother's voice saying, "Well, if all your friends jumped off a building would you do it too?" But I just smiled and said fortunately I'm your mother not theirs and now back to work sweetie!