Menu

Writing for ancient history

Next year I'll be doing ancient history for the first time with my youngest son,who will be 10/ gr 5. It feels like ages since I covered ancients with my older boys... Is there anything like Writing Tales or any sort of imitation in writing program specifically geared for *ancient history* for his age? Write From History has an ancients book but it seems to be more along the lines of narration and dictation, not actual writing practice. Does IEW have a specific lesson plan/ program using material from/ about ancient history? Or something from Logos school/ Matt Whitling? I seem to recall this vaguely.... Thanks for any help.

I use the Medieval one and it is going very well. Very easy way to cover "writing" and "writing for history" at the same time.

So are the history-based writing lessons meant to replace the "regular" IEW writing lessons? That is, as you go through each unit, you substitute the history-based material for the source texts/ material in the regular IEW lessons?

So are the history-based writing lessons meant to replace the "regular" IEW writing lessons? That is, as you go through each unit, you substitute the history-based material for the source texts/ material in the regular IEW lessons?

That's what we do. I LOVE the IEW History Writing Lessons by Lori V.

I just started to look at IEW, the American History Vol 1, as we will be doing American History next year (6th grade). I was trying to figure out if we could do the IEW History, if we have never done any other part of IEW. At that point, next fall, we would have worked about half way through Apologia Jump In...would that be enough of a background in writing for son who hates writing thus far, to do IEW?