Menu

bill paying system that alerts you to due dates?

Quicken allows me to put in all my bills, set their due dates and set up reminder times. A little list appears at the bottom of my home page in Quicken that reminds me which bills to pay that day.

If that is the only thing you are looking for in a computerized bill system, it's a rather expensive way to go. Get an accordian folder or even just a series of manila folders. Label them 1st week, 2nd week, 3rd week, 4th week and next month. Deposit bills into the correct week accounting for mailing time as they arrive. Open the appropriate folder on Sunday afternoon, prepare the bills for the entire week, mail them Monday morning and be stress free until the following week. On the fourth Sunday redistribute those bills waiting in the next month folder and you are good to go again.

Quicken allows me to put in all my bills, set their due dates and set up reminder times. A little list appears at the bottom of my home page in Quicken that reminds me which bills to pay that day.

If that is the only thing you are looking for in a computerized bill system, it's a rather expensive way to go.

Quicken online is free; while it's not as sophisticated as the Quicken program you can purchase, it does have a bill reminder feature. :) (It does NOT have the Bill Pay option, though. But you can still track your finances through Quicken online even if you have bill pay set up with a bank account.)