Menu

salary calculator??

Does anyone have a link for an online salary calculator that will tell you the salary range for a profession in a given city?

MIL was visiting this weekend and made comments about her salary that had my head spinning (I'm thinking she is grossly underpaid). She just assumes that she is being paid fair market value and doesn't believe she may be taken advantage of or that she could be doing much, much better.

If anyone here has any input, she has an undergraduate degree in accounting and an MBA. She only got them 11 yrs ago but has been an auditor in the same bank for that whole 11 yrs. Her job has at some times required 80% travel. From what she has said I am guessing she is making low to mid $30,000s because she kept saying that $40,000 is "alot more" than she makes. This is in Western NY.

I realize that what she likely did was take an entry level job and then never made an effort to improve her position.

Maybe I'm wrong - I don't know anything about accounting salaries. Anyone have any perspective? I don't want to tell her that I think she could do better if that's not really true.

I now know why she is so short on money all the time. She has a lot of debt and the cost of living is so high there.

TIA.

Marie