Menu

Can I use fat free sour cream in a cheesecake?

You can use it, but the taste and texture won't be quite the same. I once made a cheesecake with ff cream cheese and ff sour cream, and while it tasted okay (anything with that much sugar tastes good,) the creaminess was just not there. It felt like one of those boxed mix "cheesecakes."

I say give it a try. Especially if you're short on time and can't get back to the store to get some regular sour cream. You may find that you like it.

-Robin

Well, since the cream cheese is not fat-free, I will try it. Robin, thanks for the heads-up about the fat-free cheese/sour cream combo.

I don't like cheesecake, so I will have no idea how it tastes to what my family calls "normal people". Julie, I appreciate your advice and I'll go ahead and make the cake.

My goal is to not waste time making a less than 5-star cheesecake because my family will sure be disappointed if it doesn't taste as good as the one they get in their favorite restaurant.

RC

Edited by RoughCollie