Menu

PLL teacher book

Does anyone have the PLL teacher book, and did you find it helpful? I didn't think one was really necessary, but since they sell one, I thought I'd ask.

Btw, I plan on getting the Hillside edition of PLL for my daughter. I realize the teacher book would be slightly different.

I didn't realize there was another version of this until you mentioned it. Spiral binding would be nice! You do realize Hillside has the teacher key free for download don't you?

I downloaded it, and it does appear that the Hillside teacher key lines up with my (Lost Classics) version of PLL. A little detail or two is off here and there--not enough to bother me. (I realize that's not what you were asking but the reverse would also have to be workable.)

one opinion....

if you get the Lost Classics edition and want a teachers' edition, then get the Lost Classics edition of that.

If you get the Hillside edition, then use what Hillside has online.

I didn't really find a teacher's edition needed for Lost Classics edition. I have written a user's guide for that book to help others. But since Lost Classics has one, you can get that.

For those who are trying to use the Hillside answer key with the Lost Classics book, I think the following information may be somewhat helpful to you.

HS = Hillside Primary Language Lessons

LC = Lost Classics PLL

Here are my observation for differences between Hillside PLL and Lost Classics PLL and how the Hillside answer key didn't always mesh with Lost Classics.

Intro --- Do not feel the need to do any of the extra work suggestion in the intro. Those who are more "charlotte mason" don't feel pressured into a grammar workbook. That's optional based on your preferences.

Lesson 2 – LC has no Jack or Jake Frost

Lesson 16:

11. to

12. two

Lesson 18: LC has a different poem to learn and no questions to answer

Lesson 39: LC lesson is different

Lesson 43: LC edition #6 the answer is June, #8 is May (old name for Memorial Day)

Lesson 47: when students write from memory it can be a condensed version and not verbatim

Lesson 75: the HS edition uses different dates.

Lesson 76: HS edition is a different lesson, so the answer doesn’t apply

Lesson 85: try to find an easy way to make the words next to each other match (lady ladies)

Lesson 88: HS answer key should say the ‘s (apostrophe s) instead of s within a set of quotation marks.

Lesson 91: LC has no picture, just a poem

Lesson 98: that note does not apply to LC edition

Lesson 105: HS edition says the answer can vary. LC edition they cannot vary but the answers listed on HS are the right ones.

Lesson 127: HS changed the topic.

Lesson 129: HS changed the topic I think. LC users can refer to lesson 62 for help

Lesson 131: LC edition, no writing project is assigned

Lesson 135: HS edition has different topic

Lesson 136: LC edition #3 should be This

Lesson 138: HS edition has different lesson

Lesson 139: LC edition is just memory, no questions to answer

Lesson 142:

LC edition

#11 tailor

#12 dressmaker

#13 milliner

#14 engineer

Lesson 144 and 145: HS edition are different lessons In LC just write the letters.

Lessons 148, 151, 154, 155, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163 : HS edition contain different lessons from LC. Therefore HS’s answer/hints do not apply.

-crystal

one opinion....

if you get the Lost Classics edition and want a teachers' edition, then get the Lost Classics edition of that.

Or I could just use the info you just posted and muddle through (doesn't really need an answer key anyway).

Thank you!! That will be very helpful (for me anyway). I'm still debating between this and FLL for my little guy. Lea is much more decisive than I! :001_smile:

I may just follow FLL with PLL (to a point--I'm good at picking out what to skip/skim.).

Copying and pasting your list right now...