Menu

Help with Data collecting on water use? Please?

Hi!

The kids need to collect data to for household water use. This is the info they need:

1) type of home (say, two bedroom apartment, or three bedroom townhouse (shared wall) or three bedroom detached (stand alone).

2) No. of toilets in the house

3) No. of people in the house.

4) Amount of water used (in one month):

You can look on your water or electric bill: if it is for a period of less or more than one month, please let us know! Our water bill, for example says we used 18.0 cubic meters between Dec 9 and Jan 9.

Thanks so much!

4 bedroom detached

Two toilets

5 occupants

350 litres per day.

I know this so specifically as we are currently in a very severe drought. Our water storages are very very low. There is a campaign to ask us to use no more than 155 litres per person per day. Our average daily usage is printed on our 3 monthly water bills. We use 70 litres per person per day so I think we are doing OK. We even manage the occasional garden watering... no rain since Christmas except for 2 hours about 2 weeks ago!

Edited by keptwoman

Wow--you have to measure your water in litres--per person? Yikes.

I had to laugh at the example in the text--it was from Singapore and in the example the water bills shows 51.4 cubic meters of water used in a month. In a bar graph a little later on, they break it down further: in a month they use 18.3 cubic meters simply for flushing--what we use in a month, in total!

(They musn't have low-flush toilets in Singapore!)

Thanks for your help, ladies. :)