Menu

Whew! FAFSA's finished...

It's such a relief to have the FAFSAs done. I'm hoping for really good news in the financial aid packet.

I hear you! But actually the FAFSA was easy after the Profile (gulp).

We need to do ours. Soon. :001_huh:

Best wishes with it!

And here's hoping that all our children receive good news as regards financial aid.

Regards,

Kareni

I'd guess that you have to have it in so that it's marked as submitted on or before March 1. Our state deadline is actually March 10; for some reason, this school has picked March 1 as their date. As I understand it, each state gets to set their own deadline. Kind of weird for a national form...

Taxes...don't get me started. What a pain in the neck (and other regions)!

I did an estimated 2 weeks ago since I was afraid the preparer wouldn't have them done by the 3/1 deadline either. I got the official results & plugged in the numbers last week.

One tip--In a 2nd window, keep the help page up & you can search by the question number. I would have used the wrong line for the Adj. Gross (a higher number) than the line that they say to use. :D

DS got confirmation with minutes to spare. :D

Not that I advocate procrastination usually, but ds goes to a school that is a branch of a school in PA whose deadline is May 1. I thought I had tons of time. This thread made me question that and I checked the school - they have a March 1st 12:00 am CST priority deadline the May deadline is the last day they accept them - big difference. I had to finish the taxes and coordinate with ds in Tokyo. But it is done and filed before the deadline.

Now I am not even going to go look at the help that says to use a different gross income, because I am sure that I must have used the wrong one. It is done. Over.

Good luck to everyone. and save that pin so you can find it next year.

I completed the FAFSA yesterday. Husband is self-employed and I have not completed the 2008 bookkeeping or tax return. Thus, I used our 2007 financial data as an estimate.

I did that w/our est. too, but lowered the $$ some because I knew we'd made less in '08 than '07. Boy, were we surprised when we got the taxes back & saw that our AGI was almost 1/2!!! No WONDER we've been strapped!:tongue_smilie:

It depends on your school. Our school's little online calendar has today highlighted as the priority deadline and says "after March 1st you will not be eligible....." . So midnight today is probably the right answer. I wasn't sure, and my ds is a day ahead of me and in class today (which is Monday already there), so made sure his was in before midnight central time on the 28th - I make him do it, I just sit by with the tax documents and bank statements and give him answers. After last year, I refuse to do it ever again. :)

Ours is done, but the school called and said it didn't look right. Boy were they right! It said my son made over 100K!!!!! The school, who pays him, didn't think so... but they do have some students who have other incomes (like summer fishing), so they weren't sure. They helped us straighten it out. The FAFSA people messed things up; it wasn't us. So - check carefully people GRIN.

It depends on your school. Our school's little online calendar has today highlighted as the priority deadline and says "after March 1st you will not be eligible....." . So midnight today is probably the right answer. I wasn't sure, and my ds is a day ahead of me and in class today (which is Monday already there), so made sure his was in before midnight central time on the 28th - I make him do it, I just sit by with the tax documents and bank statements and give him answers. After last year, I refuse to do it ever again. :)

The first one's a pain, but the renewals aren't so bad, IMHO. They do prefill in a lot of the stuff for you. I'm just glad to be done for the year.