Menu

Paypal/Ebay question.

As a seller on eBay, I'm able to accept credit card payments only through Paypal. Paypal is the intermediary that takes care of the transaction. I'm just a mom with no way to way to accept a credit card payment on my own, just like I couldn't take a credit card for something I sold in real life (i.e., Girl Scout cookies to a neighbor).

Sometimes the seller on eBay will be a business, and they may be able to take credit cards over the phone or something - certainly doesn't hurt to ask the seller!

Thanks everyone. My dh doesn't feel comfortable giving Paypal our bank acct. info. I know several people who have one and have never had problems, but he has come across info that has made him leary of giving out that info. I'll have to check into having a paypal acct. with only our credit card, that may be doable. I have ordered things from on-line stores with our credit card that have been processed through Paypal, even without having a Paypal acct. The stores just use a Paypal checkout so I was hoping this was the same for Ebay. I'll have to look into my options a bit more.

Thanks!

If you do decide to get the PayPal account, what I do is I have a credit card with a low limit that I only use online and I only buy stuff online with that card. This way it limits my credit card exposure and it is much easier to keep track of, esp. with a lower limit, if the info does get stolen, they can not do a lot of damage. I have had a paypal account for years, and I'm sure I never gave them my bank info.

If you do decide to get the PayPal account, what I do is I have a credit card with a low limit that I only use online and I only buy stuff online with that card. This way it limits my credit card exposure and it is much easier to keep track of, esp. with a lower limit, if the info does get stolen, they can not do a lot of damage. I have had a paypal account for years, and I'm sure I never gave them my bank info.

This is a good idea. I'm going to see if I can get a paypal acct. without giving out my bank info.

Thanks!