Menu

World History Made Simple

GreenKitty

I own the book and I really like it. First off, I must say that "World History Made Simple" is somewhat of a misnomer as the book is 99% about Ancient History. The subtitle, "Matching History with the Bible" clues you in on that. That said, Ms. Beechick has done a wonderful, albeit economically stated, job describing ancient history from a Biblical perspective.

I would say this book is a good supplemental resource to any study of ancient times (TOG, AWOA, MOH, Sonlight, etc.) but it could not stand alone. There just isn't enough meat. I do think it adds significantly to the normal history programs in that it ties in so much Bible information - even more than other programs supposedly designed to tie in the Bible. She brings some interesting facts to light that I had never read about before.

Her main objective, as she states at the outset, is to right the wrong dates that are usually assigned to this time period. She credits Henry Morris and Dr. John Whitcomb (The Genesis Flood, The Genesis Record) for providing us with a revised understanding of how old the earth really is and how these ancient civilizations truly fit in.

For the price, it is a nice little book that answers a lot of questions most textbooks and even Christian history programs have missed. There are passages to read, study questions, and an assortment of activities included. It is bare bones but still quite valuable imo. It makes you think about all the stuff you've been taught up til now and whether or not there could be other explanations for things, especially considering that pre-flood civilization was most likely anything but the typical stereotypical caveman and his club. If you rethink the way you perceive that time period almost everything afterward changes, at least a little. Fascinating stuff.

• 7 months later...