Menu

OH MY, the next stage of parenting has arrived and I didn't see it coming.

Lol. It really happened for my dd about a year ago, she was 13. But the change was sudden and extreme :) Now it's hit my ds13. I really feel we are in a whole new phase, which not only includes interest in the opposite sex- it includes moodiness, locking oneself in the bedroom for a long time (or the bathroom!), loud music, more interest in friends and less in family, and a loss of ability to remember to do basic chores.

However, I have two very interesting people on my hands which makes up for it all.

Actually I had a yell at them a couple of days ago because i was finding their attitudes infuriating. Later I borrowed a "how to parent your teenagers" book from the library (desperate, I was feelin') and after a few chapters I went and apologised to my kids and told them I had been reading about parenting teens and my dd said to me, you know mum, its ok, we deserved it (the yelling) but you know we are normal, right? She was being cheeky but I realised, after reading just a small part of this book, that my kids are not just normal but I am blessed.

Enjoy the roller coaster!

Lol. It really happened for my dd about a year ago, she was 13. But the change was sudden and extreme :) Now it's hit my ds13. I really feel we are in a whole new phase, which not only includes interest in the opposite sex- it includes moodiness, locking oneself in the bedroom for a long time (or the bathroom!), loud music, more interest in friends and less in family, and a loss of ability to remember to do basic chores.

However, I have two very interesting people on my hands which makes up for it all.

Actually I had a yell at them a couple of days ago because i was finding their attitudes infuriating. Later I borrowed a "how to parent your teenagers" book from the library (desperate, I was feelin') and after a few chapters I went and apologised to my kids and told them I had been reading about parenting teens and my dd said to me, you know mum, its ok, we deserved it (the yelling) but you know we are normal, right? She was being cheeky but I realised, after reading just a small part of this book, that my kids are not just normal but I am blessed.

Enjoy the roller coaster!

yelling, sigh, that's me. I realized how ineffective I was when DH stepped in, said the exact same things using the exact same words and SHE LISTENED to HIM!!???

Oh man, yelling. I have to be someone else in order to not yell. I'm just not June Cleaver.

The Passport to Purity is supposed to be based on a weekend type trip with your dd/ds to make it a fun, close uninterrupted time with the parent. (although it can be done at home if such a trip isn't possible). I did this with my dd tw years ago where I combined it with a trip to Grandma's house (a 4 hour car trip). We listened to the cds in the car & one at Grandma's house. It was fun & my dd liked it.