Menu

What's the most space-saving way to store photos?

mo2

I decorated boxes the size of large shoe boxes with pretty contact paper (the boxes were free, as my husband owns shipping stores), and then sorted the pictures by year and put them neatly in boxes.

This took a LONG time (I have been married for 27 years). The first years I combined a few years together, but with each child there were more and more. . .

I decorated boxes the size of large shoe boxes with pretty contact paper (the boxes were free, as my husband owns shipping stores), and then sorted the pictures by year and put them neatly in boxes.

This took a LONG time (I have been married for 27 years). The first years I combined a few years together, but with each child there were more and more. . .

Yes. You can buy photo storage boxes, but shoe boxes work beautifully.

They are easier to stack on a shelf, and hold far more prints than an album.

My mom has a couple of lovely boxes that she keeps on coffee tables and such, and occasionally, when she has a number of people over, we open one up and pass the photos around the room.

Great stories always come out of those occasions.

I always worried that the photos would stick together. Do they not?