Menu

I need help, please: What is Winzip?

I ordered a couple downloadable items to use on my family's Valentine projects, and now I can't print them out because this window keeps popping up from Winzip.

My question: Do I need to pay the $29 to get to my items, or is there a way around it?

Thanks for any help you can give me...I definitely need it!:confused:

PAM

What you received is a compressed file.

Often, larger files compressed so they are smaller and easier to email. Zipping or compressing files also prevents corruption of the file while it is being transferred.

Try right clicking on the file. You may get the option to "unzip" or "expand". If so, click that option to unlock the folder.

If you don't get either of those options, download an expander. StuffIt is free, and works on WinZip files.

Edited by Crissy

What you received is a compressed file.

Often, larger files compressed so they are smaller and easier to email. Zipping or compressing files also prevents corruption of the file while it is being transferred.

Try right clicking on the file. You may get the option to "unzip" or "expand". If so, click that option to unlock the folder.

If you don't get either of those options, download an expander. StuffIt is free, and works on WinZip files.

Good explanation! I think Stuffit is only for Macs though.

I noticed that the first one I linked was for Mac, then I edited the address and linked to a Windows version.

The link in your quote is still the Mac link. Now she has both. :D

Ah, smartypants :D I'm a Mac girl myself. I had no idea there were versions of Stuffit for PCs!

Will the StuffIt automatically override WinZip? I went to the page you linked to and wasn't quite sure which link to click on (there are several on that page) and I tried one and it didn't come up. When I right click, it still comes up with WinZip as my option. Am I missing something?:confused:

Will the StuffIt automatically override WinZip? I went to the page you linked to and wasn't quite sure which link to click on (there are several on that page) and I tried one and it didn't come up. When I right click, it still comes up with WinZip as my option. Am I missing something?:confused:

What options do you get when you right click the file?

Do you have WinZip installed on your computer?