Menu

Montessori toys for 2 year old?

Lovedtodeath

forsmallhands is probably the better way to go if you want more of a Montessori vibe. It looks like this company is part of Montessori Services, which is a great place to buy. 2 and 3 year olds love what is called practical life, it's a part of the classroom which has a wet and dry side. Where you would juice an orange, wash baby clothes, or maybe your hands. On the dry side the child could do such things as learning to lace, button, and snap, practice pouring, or sorting. They aren't toys, but still fun and gratifying. Everything in Montessori has purpose, every step in the process of any task. Washing a baby doll in a tub, if presented properly, prepares the child for more complex work in the future. Ok sorry I'm rambling on. I guess my point is that if you use Montessori materials, it's worth it to educate yourself on her philosophy, and learn how to present the work. Why waste a perfectly good opportunity to get the most out of the material if you're going to be using it anyways? I still love the smelling bottles, I can remember doing them when I was very little. Check them out they are too cool!

Oh yeah! Another great thing is that Maria Montessori preferred to use natural quality materials like wood, crystal, silver etc. which is nice in a predominantly plastic world.

You have gotten great advice for Montessori stuff. So here are my thoughts. I purchased the MFW Preschool package for my 4 year-old dd when she turned two. It has gotten SO MUCH use. She loves playing with everything that came in that package to this day. We actually just used some of the pegs today for a little informal math lesson. It's very worth the money IMO.

You have gotten great advice for Montessori stuff. So here are my thoughts. I purchased the MFW Preschool package for my 4 year-old dd when she turned two. It has gotten SO MUCH use. She loves playing with everything that came in that package to this day. We actually just used some of the pegs today for a little informal math lesson. It's very worth the money IMO.

Thanks - I was looking to purchase this package for my dd for next year..this solidifies it! ;)

Thank you! Is this the 2-3 or the 3-4 package?