Menu

Corn

With all the talk about corn - allergies, HFCS, what all contains corn, blah blah, blah....

I thought I would pass this on to any interested parties.

There is a video - it's ok - but scroll down and read the article and check out the other links.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/02/05/cornography-a-video-you-need-to-see.aspx

Thank you for this. My concern is this: what do we do when even organic foods are sweetened with HFCS???? It seems almost impossible to avoid.....

Not only is it not impossible, it's not particularly difficult. Of course, when one eats away from home, it may be more of a challenge. But as far as your own, direct purchases are concerned, HFCS isn't a given by any means. Also, fyi, certified organics may not contain GMO ingredients.

We do eat out a ton so that is my biggest worry.

Yes, I know what you mean. We do eat out a fair amount, too, but I'm pretty selective about where we dine. We're blessed with some good restaurants where the local/organic mindset is a priority. I also opt out of some foods unless I'm sure of their origin, e.g. I typically don't have salad dressing at a restaurant. Now, I'm by no means a fanatic about this. It's not as if eating a small amount of "x" now and then is going to be the death of me. It's really more a matter of principle.

Here's a link for you that may be helpful: http://www.seedsofdeception.com/DocumentFiles/141.pdf. It's a shame that we have to become investigators like this. It's a travesty that genetically modified foods don't have to be labeled as such.