Menu

Eyesight = 20/terrible

The eye Dr. congratulated me. I have 2 children with exteme opposite vision. One is near-sighted to the extreme (they really do not have a number to measure her loss of vision!) and the other is far-sighted to the extreme. How did that happen??

The pain is that insurance covers the exam and the frames... the lenses that are covered are the very thick ones - and those do not offer good peripheral vision and make them look very bug eyed... so, then I have to pay for the lenses. Then I'm asked if I want the anti-glare, scratch free protection lenses as well. $$$ And I have 2 pair to purchase. I shouldn't complain. Without insurance, one child's would have run over $800.00. And another child goes Monday to get new glasses, too!

My vision is 20/800 something. My glasses cost about $800 dollars and it takes very good eye doctor to get them right. Even better, our insurance doesn't cover vision. At least I don't need new ones each year. Whew!

Good luck in fitting and affording eyewear for your kiddoes.

The eye Dr. congratulated me. I have 2 children with exteme opposite vision. One is near-sighted to the extreme (they really do not have a number to measure her loss of vision!) and the other is far-sighted to the extreme. How did that happen??

The pain is that insurance covers the exam and the frames... the lenses that are covered are the very thick ones - and those do not offer good peripheral vision and make them look very bug eyed... so, then I have to pay for the lenses. Then I'm asked if I want the anti-glare, scratch free protection lenses as well. $$$ And I have 2 pair to purchase. I shouldn't complain. Without insurance, one child's would have run over $800.00. And another child goes Monday to get new glasses, too!

Have you tried Eyemasters or Lenscrafters? They include shatterproof, scratch free lenses on kids' glasses and often run specials like 2 pair for $100. I have 2 in glasses and would never order them directly from the doc's office.

Barb