Menu

I would like to put my dc in public school for 1 week

Just so that they can see what it's like, and realize how good they have it here!!! I am waaay too lax here, and need to start cracking the whip.

At 9:00, I told the dc to go make there beds and stop playing, because we were going to start school. Dd's response " Why do we have to do stinky school? It better not be for too long, how long are we going to do it for? I'll never like school!" Do you believe this???:confused::confused:

I guess it shows that I need more of a structure in our days, huh? Yes, we do stuff every day, but it isn't always at a set time, and it isn't always done continuously. Time for a change.

My dd wouldn't last more than 1 day in public school. No dog & cat in the classroom, no babydoll, no bickering, tantrums, etc... Plus homework!

Okay, I feel better now.:chillpill::chillpill:

Actually, dd is waiting for me in the schoolroom, as we speak.

Have a good day, ladies.:D

Gosh, she's still very young. While she wouldn't have the dog/cat in class, she still might be able to coddle a stuffed animal.

You might be best to arrange your day following your local school schedule for one week. It would quickly show her how good she's got it at home :) My kids remember clearly and appreciate pj's, the puppies, and snuggling by the fire during class. Last week we tanned outside while doing literature and science. Really, does it get any better?!

My kids remember clearly and appreciate pj's, the puppies, and snuggling by the fire during class. Last week we tanned outside while doing literature and science. Really, does it get any better?!

We just started mid-December and my son adores the pjs and the ability to work sitting on the couch, if he wants.

It's snowing here........ I haven't enjoyed above freezing weather for weeks......... I cannot even imagine tanning right now, sigh :(

Tanning :glare: We have icy rain and snow this morning, sigh.

I don't know what my younger two would think of ps. I'm not going to risk a trial...they might find recess a huge attraction. Mine take a few liberties here at home that they couldn't get away with in any classroom in America. I wish I had a dollar for every time that I have told them not to stand on their chairs. We do try to stick to a 9 a.m. starting time AND I had better get to it.