Menu

Are you okay in TX w/wildfires?

Hmmm...I came off duty this morning (and, by the by, had an awful shift...no sleep at. all.) and haven't heard anything about any wildfires in TX. There's nothing I'm aware of in the Central Texas area (Austin and environs). So, I think I'm fine, at least as far as I know. :001_huh: :D

We live in cent. Tx also, and so far no big ones, just the few acres or so kind around the area. So far not around here though which is good considering we live in the middle of cedar trees, and our house would go up quick with all of these match stick trees. Where in Tx are the fires?

Looks like there have been some spotty fires around. This is a bad time for fires, the grasses are usually tall and very dry. It doesn't take much to start a fire.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/state&id=6622691

I have my on scarey experience with tall dry grass and dh wanting me to start a brush pile on fire. Not a good combination.

Looks like there have been some spotty fires around. This is a bad time for fires, the grasses are usually tall and very dry. It doesn't take much to start a fire.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/state&id=6622691

I have my on scarey experience with tall dry grass and dh wanting me to start a brush pile on fire. Not a good combination.

Glad to hear I am not losing it, yet.