Menu

Foreign Language for 12yo

Tohru

I have slacked all these years on starting ds on a foreign language and want to definitely do something now before he gets any older. He wants to learn German, I'm thinking Spanish.

I have heard great things about Rosetta Stone, however he doesn't like it at all. We did Power Glide Jr. last year and that didn't really work for us either.

Any suggestions on a good curriculum? Easy to implement is a plus.

Look at the "10 Minutes a Day" programs & see if that would appeal. They have Spanish, German, and a bunch of other languages too. If you look on the sitemap page, you can see & hear some samples. Also, you can look on amazon to see reviews & comments that others have left about the program.

We're not using the 10 Minutes a Day program. Right now, my dc are going through the La Clase Divertida Spanish series (but that may be a little bit too juvenile for your ds). Once we're done w/ those, I may move them into the 10 Minutes a Day program.

A couple of other (Spanish) options:

Spanish for Children by Classical Academic Press

Espanol Para Chicos y Grandes

If you do a search on the boards, you'll come up with lots of information. I'm using the French course from the same company, and am really pleased with it. It's a grammar and usage course, rather than just an oral course. Unfortunately, they don't have a German course.

Best wishes

Laura