Menu

1/15, Thursday Exercise thread

Good morning!

I'm getting into the long week day runs. :glare: Not how I want to spend my time on a Thursday! It was chilly out there! And I still started off with too many clothes. one of these days I will be "brave" and leave the hosuewithout my jacket!

33 degrees - tech long sleeve, capris, ear flap hat, gloves (off at 1 m), jacket (off at 1.5 m)

Time Taken: 01:16:07

Total Distance: 7.62 mi.

Burned: 834 (kcal)

Pace: 09:58 (avg)

Speed: 6.01 (mi/hr) (avg)

At home I did sit-ups, push-up and planks.

I've had a hard time getting motivated lately. I skipped working out twice! I finally made myself do my DVD workout yesterday; I did all of the harder variations as penance. I do so much better when I have a goal--doing Couch to 5K was perfect for me. Now that I'm on my own, I'm not doing so well. We have a great weather forecast, so I should be able to do some running.

I've had a hard time getting motivated lately. I skipped working out twice! I finally made myself do my DVD workout yesterday; I did all of the harder variations as penance. I do so much better when I have a goal--doing Couch to 5K was perfect for me. Now that I'm on my own, I'm not doing so well. We have a great weather forecast, so I should be able to do some running.

It's hard Chai, But so nice once you;ve done it!

I only got 3/4 of my DVD done. Baby started crying at that point. I'll take what I can get I guess.

I really want my pre-pg body back and I'm impatient.

Good job! You did better than those who did nothing at all. You got through most of the tape and then had to quit for a perfectly good reason. I've started tapes and quit because I wanted to, not because I had to.

Be patient it will come!

I've been busy the past two days doing demos for the opening of a new natural foods store. Didn't have much time to run Wednesday so I did 5 miles at race pace ~ under 40 minutes. Thursday is usually a day off for me and while I actually planned to run, it was too pea-soup-foggy when I had time so I didn't get out there.

Any day I can run without snow and ice is a bonus and this week has been very good to me. My running partner and I are trying to increase our distance and this week has been perfect to do just that.

We posted at exactly the same time, Rose.:) Glad you're able to get in some non-snow/ice time this week. You're perserverance is inspiring!

Temps here are normal again and flood waters have receded, but today fog of all things kept me from running. Weird!:tongue_smilie:

We posted at exactly the same time, Rose.:) Glad you're able to get in some non-snow/ice time this week. You're perserverance is inspiring!

Temps here are normal again and flood waters have receded, but today fog of all things kept me from running. Weird!:tongue_smilie:

You know Colleen I think of you often when I'm running. Some days I think "oh I hope one day I can clock Colleen's time" and other days it's "I wonder if Colleen got a run in today" (especially during your cold snap and then flooding). It's funny how this exercise thread is a little bit of needed peer pressure. :001_smile: