Menu

How do you decide to go to the doctor (for yourself)?

Dh was sick. (1 round of antibiotics). Then dd. (2 more rounds). Then each of the 4 other dc. Then me. I slept almost all day Friday, most of Saturday, Sunday, and today. Even though I didn't take any meds today, I felt so exhausted I could hardly keep my eyes open.

I tried to make an appt to see a dr tomorrow. Well, my reg dr can't see me until Friday. Dh's dr won't make an appt for me, but I could "walk-in" in the morning and they might try to squeeze me in.

The dc have been well for a week. But tonight, I have 2 with fevers and 3 more coughing.

I have GOT to get well. I cannot go see my MOM! I hate to sound desperate, but she's VERY ill and I really don't know from day-to-day if she'll know me!

I don't want to work myself into a panic. Should I try to see the dr tomorrow? Or just expect this to take its course and pray and pray that it will be over soon? And that my mom will last? :(

Dh was sick. (1 round of antibiotics). Then dd. (2 more rounds). Then each of the 4 other dc. Then me. I slept almost all day Friday, most of Saturday, Sunday, and today. Even though I didn't take any meds today, I felt so exhausted I could hardly keep my eyes open.

I tried to make an appt to see a dr tomorrow. Well, my reg dr can't see me until Friday. Dh's dr won't make an appt for me, but I could "walk-in" in the morning and they might try to squeeze me in.

The dc have been well for a week. But tonight, I have 2 with fevers and 3 more coughing.

I have GOT to get well. I cannot go see my MOM! I hate to sound desperate, but she's VERY ill and I really don't know from day-to-day if she'll know me!

I don't want to work myself into a panic. Should I try to see the dr tomorrow? Or just expect this to take its course and pray and pray that it will be over soon? And that my mom will last? :(

I'm sorry, I'm not aware of the situation with your mom but it sounds very urgent that you go be with her . . . I am LOATHE to go to the doctor and/or take prescription meds but in this case . . . I would go to the most available doctor, explain how many people in your family have been sick, and plead for the strongest antibiotic your prescription card will afford you.

I am very sorry for the burden of your mother being so ill. My mom fell recently and broke a bone in her spine, and while we are so thankful that she has a great prognosis (out patient surgery this week is supposed to "fix" her right up) I have just had a small "taste" of the dreaded day when The Phone Call will come. My heart goes out to you.

I agree Tanya, go to the Dr. This isn't just a case of whether you should go to the Dr. to feel better. This is a case of getting better soon so that you can go see your mom. I don't know what kind of illness you have, but you should check to make sure that going when you aren't completely well won't harm her in some way. If her immune system is compromised you may need to wear a mask or even a gown.