Menu

I need a kid's "how to" book on photography.

I would recommend you check out books by Nick Kelsh. I haven't read them looking for content (just to make sure there's no inappropriate humor, which I doubt there is) but the photo stuff would be great for him. Kelsh really focuses on composition and taking real life pictures. He's great. How to Photograph Your Life is a really neat book - all shot with a point and shoot 35 mm - just to show that taking pictures is about taking the right picture not the equipment you use. Brilliant. If he's a really technical kid - the Understanding Exposure is a must read. It may be way over his head right now. If you get any Photoshop books - I recommend ones by Scott Kelby - but read for humor because he has a very conversational tone when he writes and he's writing to adults. Also - look at books put out by Creating Keepsakes, Scrapbooks Etc. and Simple Scrapbooks - they have really easy ideas and they are family friendly. (I am a pro photographer if that helps any... LOL!)