Menu

Character Study/Habit Training for K

I'm thinking of having character study or habit training be a focus next year, possibly one habit or character trait a month. I already have FIAR picked for next year, and I would pick books from this curriculum or the homeschool share website to go along with each trait/habit. Has anyone done a similar study? Any ideas? Thanks!

We are using a few things this year for character building/manners/health that you may be interested in. I have already used a Child's Book of Character Building (book 1) with my ds4 and we both loved it! We covered one topic/trait per week. I really want to get the second book, but I believe it is out of print, so I'm trying to find it at a reasonable price. We are currently using Big Thoughts for Little people (again, covering 4 a week)... and I have God's Wisdom for Little Boys (there is something similar for girls too) and Bombus on hand to use next. However, we may cover CBCB again before the year is out... just because my ds liked it so well... and hopefully I'll get my hands on the second book too. In addition to this, I have been reading aloud from the Miller Family series. Each week I schedule 4 chapters for read aloud and discussion. So far we have read...

Prudence and the Millers (health)

Storytime with the Millers

Wisdom and the Millers

My little man truly loves the Miller series! You're welcome to check out the links to those listed above on my blog!

Next year I am considering a Hive of Busy Bees and Another Hive of Bees for read aloud... and/or I may just have a redo of those things listed above... only time will tell. Beyond that, I am considering Manners Made Easy for 1st grade.

I hope I've given you some ideas you can work with.