Menu

She fixed my tummy!

Ever since Keira was born, my intestines have been popping out of my whaddyacallit-split in my abdominal muscles. I just looked it up: diastasis.

My back has been in serious pain for the past 6 months--all through my last trimester and for the first three months postpartum. It is so much worse this time around, but I chalked it up to age and the fact that I've had 7 babies in there. Anyway, I went for a serious massage over the weekend. After 90 minutes of deep tissue and pulling this way and that I was even worse off and could barely stand up to get off the table. Ugh. But I went in the jacuzzi tub afterward for a half hour and when I got out it was like magic. No more pain! And as an added side benefit, my tummy popped back in! Now, it's far from flat and will never look like it used to, but I no longer have that mushy pooch that hangs over my jeans in a muffin top. The ab muscles that I have left have popped back into place and are holding everything together again. The woman is a miracle worker.

Just sharing my joy :)

Barb

I've had that and went to a plastic surgeon for a consult. He told me it was an abdominal hernia from the weakened abdomen. I have 5 children and one pregnancy was a set of twins. Not wishing bad on you but it can pop out with heavy lifting but I pray that yours doesn't.

I've had that and went to a plastic surgeon for a consult. He told me it was an abdominal hernia from the weakened abdomen. I have 5 children and one pregnancy was a set of twins. Not wishing bad on you but it can pop out with heavy lifting but I pray that yours doesn't.

I'll keep that in mind and have my teenagers do all the heavy lifting :D

Barb

The book "Lose Your Mummy Tummy" has a lot of exercises for dealing with diastasis, as well as advice for how to do things (like lift your baby and put baby in car seat, and so on) in order to not worsen your diastasis. You might want to look into that.