Menu

Selling problem...

Is there a moderator for the selling board?

Ok, I've sold someone some workbooks. She's received the package, but says there is just 1 hardback novel type book in the package.

Which I've never heard of, so most definate have never owned.

Has anyone ever had your packages tampered with on there way to you? Ever had the contents switched in route? I'm really stumped on this.

She asked for no insurance when purchasing , so the post office can't do anything about it. I had put delivery confirmation on this myself to make sure it arrived safely. But I know when I buy used curriculum, usually insurance is optional & the buyer usually pays for this if it's wanted. What should be done?

I've been buying & selling our school curriculum for 4+ years and NEVER had this problem before.

Is there a moderator for the selling board?

Ok, I've sold someone some workbooks. She's received the package, but says there is just 1 hardback novel type book in the package.

Which I've never heard of, so most definate have never owned.

Has anyone ever had your packages tampered with on there way to you? Ever had the contents switched in route? I'm really stumped on this.

She asked for no insurance when purchasing , so the post office can't do anything about it. I had put delivery confirmation on this myself to make sure it arrived safely. But I know when I buy used curriculum, usually insurance is optional & the buyer usually pays for this if it's wanted. What should be done?

I've been buying & selling our school curriculum for 4+ years and NEVER had this problem before.

Is she absolutely positive this package is the one from you? I know I've gotten packages confused before and contacted an eBay seller about a missing package, when actually it was one I thought was a Christmas package from a family member, so never opened.

Barring that? I just don't know. How confusing!

I've never heard of this happening either.

Wants the books, which I already mailed to her.

Sent me a picture of a ripped open package with the hardback inside.

Still had my address label showing, but NOT MY BOOK INSIDE.:confused:

Ummm..no. I have NEVER had anything like that happen. AND...you would think someone may STEAL the contents, but to replace it with other contents..unheard of.

What is she asking you to do?

Well, obviously you sent the books and they are no longer available. duh. And she chose not to get insurance. When she received the package, was it perfectly sealed, etc?

I hate to say this...did you know her? Is she a regular here? It sounds sort of like a scam.

No, don't know her. Looks like the join date to be Dec. 2008.

Did she ever post here?

You know, I bought a package awhile back from a woman on Vegsource and never got it. She kept e-mailing me and telling me it was on the way, but nope. Then I went through paypal and filed a claim and she never responded to them at all. They found in my favor, but she had removed all of the money from her account and they couldn't/wouldn't refund my purchase price. I feel totally scammed, and I was so mad! I can totally understand how you are feeling right now.

I am sorry, but I believe this person is trying to scam you...get her books and her money. Was it a pricey item? If so, that makes it even more fishy.

I had something similar happen at paperbackswap. I ordered a book and when it arrived the only thing in the package was a t-shirt that the sender claims they did not own, did not send. I confirmed the package was from her, but we never did figure out where the book went.

Media mail is subject to inspection, so the post office does have a right to open packages sent media mail.

Edited by elegantlion

I had something similar happen at paperbackswap. I ordered a book and when it arrived the only thing in the package was a t-shirt that the sender claims they did own, did not send. I confirmed the package was from her, but we never did figure out where the book went.

Media mail is subject to inspection, so the post office does have a right to open packages sent media mail.

Yes, I've had some media mail opened before. I had received a package, but the post office puts a little red "Opened for Inspection" stamp on it.

But, I've never had the contents switched.