Menu

What breed would you like if you were to get a dog IF you are a dog person?

DawnM

Awww, congratulations.

My college kid adopted a teeny tiny Chihuahua mix from a shelter in March. The shelter warned that he was **very** skittish, but once he got out of the shelter he calmed down remarkably quickly. They've both been with us (including our very high energy, much larger Labradoodle overgrown pup) all summer and has blended in just fine. Daughter's hypothesis is that the shelter itself-- a lot of noise, a lot of dogs, no one person he could attach to -- drove much of his skittishness.

• Like 6

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Pam in CT said:

Awww, congratulations.

My college kid adopted a teeny tiny Chihuahua mix from a shelter in March. The shelter warned that he was **very** skittish, but once he got out of the shelter he calmed down remarkably quickly. They've both been with us (including our very high energy, much larger Labradoodle overgrown pup) all summer and has blended in just fine. Daughter's hypothesis is that the shelter itself-- a lot of noise, a lot of dogs, no one person he could attach to -- drove much of his skittishness.

He was never in a shelter, so we can't attribute it to that.   He lived with a family who just can't keep him.   They were re-homing him.

But I think that we can work with him.  I have been reading up on it and watching some trainers talk about how to work with your dog on some of this.   And we will seek out professional help.

He is just a bit neurotic!   😂

• Like 1