Menu

Sunday, 4.21 - Tackling or napping?

ScoutTN

Definitely not tackling here! Still fighting a cold. Slept in. Tidied the kitchen, had coffee, and read for a while.

Making b’fast now. 

Dh went to church. Ds is still asleep. He’s sick too.

It’s cool and sunny. May take the silly dog for a walk in a bit.

• Like 1

Happy Sunday!

I want to tackle.  (It's already afternoon and I haven't made much progress, so let's see how it goes.)  I got zero work done yesterday.

Yesterday, I got up early to take my girls to "open house" at their university.  I wanted to spend some time with Kid2 related to her interests, since she really wasn't sure what she wanted when we visited last fall.  The other kid was kinda bored, and they both acted like my insistence on checking out the rec center was like dragging them on the Trail of Tears.  (I'm too old for this nonsense.)  Really not sure how much I want to get involved in their stuff going forward.  Apparently they only need me for my car & money, and they seem to think I'm doing all these things for my own benefit.  😕

Kid2 also got her prom dress altered yesterday.  She acted happy for the dress people, then acted unhappy about it in private, but sheesh.  You can't please her anyway these days.

Later they brought their friend over to watch a movie in the basement.  I took the dog for a nice long walk.  I pretty much napped the remainder of the day away.

So today, I have a ton of client work, and a fair amount of personal paperwork to get through.  I also want to walk the dog, and I'm supposed to start medicating him for tomorrow's vet appointment.  And the kids will probably pile up some laundry they'd like me to do today.  So here's hoping I stay on task and don't sleep away another day.  (Though that sounds tempting.)

• Like 2