Menu

Pre-K Planning 2024-25

AsgardCA

My youngest will be turning 3 in July, so she'll be dipping her toes into some "school" this year. This is a very relaxed plan.

Basics:

• Toddler Lesson Plans Learning ABC's - for a Letter-of-the-Week type thing - I may add in some OPGTR if she's interested.
  • Toddler Lesson Plans Learning Colors - she's pretty good with these but it'll be something fun
  • Kumon books - Let's Cut Paper, etc. for basic skills.

Math: Preschool Math at Home - I think this may transition nicely into Wild Math later on. My 5yo will be doing Wild Math 1 next year, so since we'll be outside anyway doing math for him, I may dip into Wild Math K for the 3yo.

For the Love of Homeschooling Nature Study units

Tot School-type activities, lots of crafts, helping in the garden, lots of picture books, dot-to-dots & colouring.

Edited by AsgardCA
  • Like 1

My son will be 4 this spring so we’ll be starting pre-k in the fall. 

Phonics - I have Abeka K4 so we’ll probably use that for phonics unless he hates it like his big brother 🙂

Handwriting - Handwriting Without Tears Pre-K. Taking it slow and mostly using the chalkboard to work on tripod grip. 

Math - Preschool Math at Home. Love this so much! 

Tagging along with my kindergartener for science, social studies and enrichment (using either Gentle + Classical Primer or MP Enrichment K)! Would love to hear thoughts on these if you’ve tried them. We’re going through G+C Preschool for the second time but curious about MP Enrichment. 

Edited by Momof3boys
  • Like 2

On 3/14/2024 at 7:24 AM, Momof3boys said:

My son will be 4 this spring so we’ll be starting pre-k in the fall. 

Phonics - I have Abeka K4 so we’ll probably use that for phonics unless he hates it like his big brother 🙂

Handwriting - Handwriting Without Tears Pre-K. Taking it slow and mostly using the chalkboard to work on tripod grip. 

Math - Preschool Math at Home. Love this so much! 

Tagging along with my kindergartener for science, social studies and enrichment (using either Gentle + Classical Primer or MP Enrichment K)!

I've been looking for a preschool math and completely forgot about this! It looks pretty good so I think I'll try it!

My son will be 4 in September. Some things I’ve started with him:

AAR pre reading. This is such a lovely program! We call them “Ziggy Lessons” and I swear that zebra puppet was worth every penny. 

HWT pre-k. We have a few of the bells and whistles. The teacher’s guide is very good, even though it’s written for a classroom and there’s a lot we skip. We’ve been playing a lot with the wooden letters. He loves to build “mat-man!” I’m going very slowly with him on this. I don’t want to push writing too early, but I want to teach correct grip and habits for later. Crayon rocks have also been great for this!

Things I want to start this year:

Gentle Classical Preschool. I’m so excited about this beautiful program! Love the books, love the handicrafts, love the catechism, the manners, the memory statements, love it all! Some of the work will be easy (he knows his letters, colors, shapes) but I think repeating is good. 

Kate Snow’s preschool math at home. Gentle Classical has plans that go with it so I’m looking forward to that.

Wee Folk Art sprinkled in when I want to do a seasonal activity. 

Sorry for the long post; Im at that stage of homeschooling where talking about curricula is very exciting to me 😂

DD will be 4/pre-K next year. 

She knows about 20 of her letter sounds, so I plan to work with her on the last few sounds. 

Saxon K math

Gentle + Classical Preschool 

Various preschool handwriting pages I have left over from my older kids. 

I ordered her CLE Kindergarten 1 and 2 because it looks like the sort of thing that would make her feel included while the older kids do their work. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 2:34 AM, AsgardCA said:

I've been looking for a preschool math and completely forgot about this! It looks pretty good so I think I'll try it!

It’s really good! I went through it with DS5 when he was 3.5/4 and we both loved it. We’re halfway through MWC K and enjoying that program as well! 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 11:26 PM, GoodnightMoogle said:

My son will be 4 in September. Some things I’ve started with him:

AAR pre reading. This is such a lovely program! We call them “Ziggy Lessons” and I swear that zebra puppet was worth every penny. 

HWT pre-k. We have a few of the bells and whistles. The teacher’s guide is very good, even though it’s written for a classroom and there’s a lot we skip. We’ve been playing a lot with the wooden letters. He loves to build “mat-man!” I’m going very slowly with him on this. I don’t want to push writing too early, but I want to teach correct grip and habits for later. Crayon rocks have also been great for this!

Things I want to start this year:

Gentle Classical Preschool. I’m so excited about this beautiful program! Love the books, love the handicrafts, love the catechism, the manners, the memory statements, love it all! Some of the work will be easy (he knows his letters, colors, shapes) but I think repeating is good. 

Kate Snow’s preschool math at home. Gentle Classical has plans that go with it so I’m looking forward to that.

Wee Folk Art sprinkled in when I want to do a seasonal activity. 

Sorry for the long post; Im at that stage of homeschooling where talking about curricula is very exciting to me 😂

We’re in the process of going through G+C Preschool for the second time and love it! I like that I don’t have to think about the poem, catechism, nursery rhyme, etc. that we’ll be learning that week! 

• Like 2

My little man will be 4 in July. I have no idea what to use yet but I was thinking about using the first book from HWOT and using bits a pieces from memoria press junior K. Lastly preschool math at home.