Menu

K planning 2024-25

LauraClark

Ok, I know y'all said you weren't ready for this yet, but let's brainstorm some ideas for next year. My current thoughts for our 4th ds:

LA: I'll probably start OPG half way through the year when he can grasp most letters. Do a letter a week thing before that. I use some confessions of a homeschooler stuff, make up some of my own. I'm kicking around the idea of R&S G-L. I like their A-F series, but the next series always looks like more writing than my littles are capable of.

Math: maybe start R&S 1 half way through the year. Otherwise diy stuff (dollar tree workbooks, dot to dot, just counting to 100)

Bible: with the family in the morning and finish R&S B.

Other: FIAR books and activities that I diy, including some kind of weekly craft. He really wants to join my art classes next year, but he'll be a young K in a class where the youngest is 1st grade...we'll see...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is what I’m thinking so far. DS4 will also be joining in on science, social studies, and enrichment. 

Phonics: All About Reading 1

Handwriting: Handwriting Without Tears K

Math: Finish Math With Confidence K a couple months into the school year and then start Math With Confidence 1 or Singapore Primary 1 

Science: Elemental Science Intro to Science

Social Studies: Core Knowledge K

Art, Composer Study, Poetry, Literature, Bible: Gentle + Classical Primer or Memoria Press Enrichment. Can’t decide on this one!

Edited by Momof3boys
  • Like 1

Dd will be solidly 5 in September. She loves to be read to, knows her letter sounds can blend 3 letter words, understands 2 digit numbers, understands addition and subtraction and can do it with an abacus, can subitize to 7 (8,9, and 10 she tends to count on...). She generally likes school....I don't want to push though so we'll see.  Math and phonics are my stand by options.

Here is a tennitive plan

RightStart A and/or B (probably fast through parts of A then start B...but again not sure)

All About Reading 1 (just for practice reading 3 letter words)

Outdoor secrets maybe from SCM

Probably Little Hearts for His Glory for small moter, handwriting, Bible, history.....

Edited by countrymum
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, rebcoola said:

Happy Phonics

Five in a row

Right start maybe I want something with lots of games

Light and fun is the plan

I really like RightStart. I've used every level except oldest hasn't finished H yet!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, countrymum said:

I really like RightStart. I've used every level except oldest hasn't finished H yet!

Ive heard great things my older two used like singapore essentials and I made up my own games right start seems easier on me

RightStart has a different sequence than some... it's a bit hard to jump in and out of. I switched oldest a few times and had to back fill some upper elementary topics. Like fractions as division is introduced in like C and then built on so that by F it's common sense....stuff like that. Sometimes I had a bit of trouble seeing where it was going and what was important. It really does make sense in the end and customer service is really helpful. Also oldest struggles some with school so that doesn't make it easier. We slowed down and reviewed more often, but he seems to be doing well now partway through H. @rebcoola

Edited by countrymum
  • Like 1