Menu

Blackbird intro essay reviews?

It seems this one was updated but most of the threads I can search up here are pretty old. 

Anyone know where the sweet spot for using it is? 

How gentle vs rigorous would you call it? 

Know of a secular alternative that's super clear and at least mostly written to the student? I'm looking for more baby steps than Lively Art, for example. 

Edited by SilverMoon

Crickets. 

Any secular essay books that break it into baby steps that may be dysgraphic friendly? I'm comfortable grading and teaching. We just need a book to be the bad guy and assign it. 😄

Edited by SilverMoon

On 2/26/2024 at 1:41 PM, KeriJ said:

Thanks! Do you remember if those specifically had religious tones? He has a pretty low tolerance for religion sprinkled in his schoolwork. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2024 at 2:15 PM, SilverMoon said:

Thanks! Do you remember if those specifically had religious tones? He has a pretty low tolerance for religion sprinkled in his schoolwork. 

I was looking at their stuff the other day and noticed that they have versions tagged as "for states that reimburse," which might be the way you want to go. I'm not sure how to find it, because the organization on their site is really bad. You can look through the seven pages of reimbursement friendly items. Or do a search and wade through the millions of results?

I wish they'd hire a web designer because their website and samples are so disorganized, it doesn't make me trust them to have well organized curriculum. 

• Thanks 1