Menu

February Goals: Big Picture and by the week

Eos

Welp, the first week of February was a blur of ds having a marital meltdown, dd going back to college, older dd going back to grad school, and ds turning 25 and having a rough week. 

Dh and I haven't really got the hang of being by ourselves.  We can spend an entire day or a three hour car trip not talking so that's awkward.

February big picture goals are to continue with exercise, eat 6 cups of veg every day, pulling my new committee into existence, getting a first draft of my research to a couple people to read/critique, making some travel plans to visit my mom.  Some deep grime-wiping and cat-hair reduction are in order.  It will be a low-key month for me, plus planning on some supportive phone calls for each kid.  Dh might travel for a couple of weeks.

This week:

Join the hotel gym today and choose an arm workout.  I signed up for a thing in early April that needs arm strength. Read back through all the stuff they sent and take notes.

Finish my first draft.  Going to a museum tomorrow for some research, but also need to go back through all my writing and organize the citations.  Another week I will re-cite everything into Chicago rather than MLA, ugh.

Send a check to mom's caregiver.

Turn 59.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 6:07 AM, Eos said:

February big picture goals are to continue with exercise check, eat 6 cups of veg every day check, pulling my new committee into existence today, getting a first draft of my research to a couple people to read/critique I did this and I'm so happy about it, making some travel plans to visit my mom check.  Some deep grime-wiping and cat-hair reduction are in order. Umm, not yet. Soon.

This week:

Join the hotel gym today Decided not to do this, but I have been spending long hours outside walking and hiking and choose an arm workout did this!.  

Finish my first draft.  Going to a museum tomorrow for some research, but also need to go back through all my writing and organize the citations.  Another week I will re-cite everything into Chicago rather than MLA, ugh. Did all this and sent the check. 

Send a check to mom's caregiver.

Turn 59.

Last week was pretty on-target.  This week I will do a couple meetings about my new committee, a zoom, and pick up a project left behind last summer.  Dh is gone and I am going to spread it all across the kitchen table.

Happy that I did all of my goals last week. I'm just gonna say this out loud: after spending three years griping and fretting about my upcoming retirement from homeschooling.... I'm productive after all.  I definitely don't have a new "career" or even a plan but I'm getting to stuff that I've either been putting off or didn't have the bandwidth for to really dig into and it feels good.

Some of you might remember my "how do you get things done" thread that was homeschooling-me trying to plan for my new schedule like I used to plan for a new school year.  As it turns out, my personal MO is to hyper-focus on one meaningful project at a time.  Of course there are side things that have to happen, but it feels great to finally acknowledge that this is just how I roll.  No need for a creativity schedule when I will spend most waking hours working on one project.

This week: keep working on the grime and cat hair wiping plus scrub the kitchen floor. Receive some new magic sculpt and finish the backgrounds of my plaques. Order some new letters. Start a chess set for my sister. 

• Like 1