Menu

Easy sock puppet ideas?

athena1277

I am looking for a way to make sock puppets with a group of 11 girls, grades K-3.  Everything I find online is an adult hot glueing parts on, so kids can’t really do anything without individual help.  I don’t want to do paper puppets that will land on the trash soon after they get home.  If you have an idea for a different kind of puppet that they could do mostly themselves, that would be appreciated too.

Would double sided fabric tape work?  I haven't used it, so I don't know. 

I think you could also just have them spend their time cutting, and arranging, and fabric painting or sharpying* and then you pop in and just do the hot glue. 

*autocorrect says this is not a word.  I am sure it's wrong.  

• Like 1

Are you wanting them to do a craft to make the puppet or do you just want them to have puppets to put on a show or something? If it's the latter, we had a set of puppets like these from Oriental Trading for years when my big kids were little. They lasted all the way through my youngest child's early years when he was young enough to play with hand puppets. That would be about 10 - 15 years that they were played with and loved by 6 homeschooled children which I think is excellent for something from Oriental Trading. They have all kinds of puppets and puppet related things.

ETA: I also just saw they had these DIY hand puppets. They could draw with fabric markers or paint as someone else suggested.

Edited by sweet2ndchance