Menu

Thred Up warning

MercyA

I've sung the praises of Thred Up in the past, but the last order I received from them was AWFUL. It's like no one actually checked the condition of the items, at all.

I bought two sweaters, both black, both listed as "Excellent" condition. Thred Up defines Excellent in this way: "This item is practically new! It shows no obvious signs of being worn or washed."

Both sweaters were pilly, one extensively so. One was faded and had paint (!) or something on the front. And one of them was dark green, not black.

Blech. They will give me back my money, but honestly I'm done messing with them. Another order had multiple items that had been measured incorrectly (or not measured at all). I have a lot of favorite pieces from them, but it's no longer worth the trouble. I'll stick with Mercari, eBay, or local thrift shops.

Just FYI.

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, MercyA said:

I've sung the praises of Thred Up in the past, but the last order I received from them was AWFUL. It's like no one actually checked the condition of the items, at all.

I bought two sweaters, both black, both listed as "Excellent" condition. Thred Up defines Excellent in this way: "This item is practically new! It shows no obvious signs of being worn or washed."

Both sweaters were pilly, one extensively so. One was faded and had paint (!) or something on the front. And one of them was dark green, not black.

Blech. They will give me back my money, but honestly I'm done messing with them. Another order had multiple items that had been measured incorrectly (or not measured at all). I have a lot of favorite pieces from them, but it's no longer worth the trouble. I'll stick with Mercari, eBay, or local thrift shops.

Just FYI.

The same reasons I stopped shopping with them.   And even if they screw up but the item is not returnable, they don’t refund. Like the shirt I bought for DD that was not adult sized but was child sized. But was listed as brand unknown and adult. When I got it, it was a very well known children’s brand. 

• Thanks 1