Menu

~~~~ November Frugalistas ~~~

mommyoffive

Costco has some killer clothing deals right now on super cute stuff if anyone is looking for work/school presentation clothes. Some of the things we found:

Banana Republic branded 100% merino wool sweaters (v-neck) for $25.  There was another brand there of 100% merino wool sweaters for $15--Katherine Barclay? Those were ultra fine merino. Neither were particularly thick or luxurious blends of merino, probably more summer weight or for layering, but those are kind of unheard of pricing.

Banana Republic branded long sleeved satiny pullovers--notched neckline, tunic length rounded hem bottom, relaxed silhouette, with some nice gentle gathering at the shoulders. We bought this and all tried this on--it was flattering whether you were super skinny and angular or whether you were curvy. $15.99 each

Banana Republic branded scoop with a bordering on boatneck width opening cotton knit tunic shirts. These were heavier winter weight. $13.99

Matty M wide elastic waist trousers, similar to the Lands End starfish in terms of waistband and material, with pockets and straight legs $15.99 (There is a front seam on the leg that some may not like.)

Leota black skirt--reminds me of ballet skirt, but midi length: $18.99

Also, they had a great pajamas selection going. We picked up Harry Potter 2 piece women's pajamas--$15.99 (on sale)

---

Youngest grew quite a bit and was moving in on her sister's wardrobe, so we have been shopping for her lately.  When we were shoe shopping for her we hit gold in the clearance section of a local specialty shoe shop for both her and her sister. I had hoped to luck into a pair of Blundstone's 50% off---they had a pair in my older daughter's size instead. Blundstone 1488's normally run about $240, but we got them for $132 instead. That may not sound like much of a deal, but waterproof leather boots with good traction and cushion are really hard to come by so we are thrilled and she should get years and years of use out of them.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Costco has some killer clothing deals right now on super cute stuff if anyone is looking for work/school presentation clothes. Some of the things we found:

Banana Republic branded 100% merino wool sweaters (v-neck) for $25.  There was another brand there of 100% merino wool sweaters for $15--Katherine Barclay? Those were ultra fine merino. Neither were particularly thick or luxurious blends of merino, probably more summer weight or for layering, but those are kind of unheard of pricing.

Banana Republic branded long sleeved satiny pullovers--notched neckline, tunic length rounded hem bottom, relaxed silhouette, with some nice gentle gathering at the shoulders. We bought this and all tried this on--it was flattering whether you were super skinny and angular or whether you were curvy. $15.99 each

Banana Republic branded scoop with a bordering on boatneck width opening cotton knit tunic shirts. These were heavier winter weight. $13.99

Matty M wide elastic waist trousers, similar to the Lands End starfish in terms of waistband and material, with pockets and straight legs $15.99 (There is a front seam on the leg that some may not like.)

Leota black skirt--reminds me of ballet skirt, but midi length: $18.99

Also, they had a great pajamas selection going. We picked up Harry Potter 2 piece women's pajamas--$15.99 (on sale)

---

Youngest grew quite a bit and was moving in on her sister's wardrobe, so we have been shopping for her lately.  When we were shoe shopping for her we hit gold in the clearance section of a local specialty shoe shop for both her and her sister. I had hoped to luck into a pair of Blundstone's 50% off---they had a pair in my older daughter's size instead. Blundstone 1488's normally run about $240, but we got them for $132 instead. That may not sound like much of a deal, but waterproof leather boots with good traction and cushion are really hard to come by so we are thrilled and she should get years and years of use out of them.

Thanks so much.  We shop at Costco for all our clothes.  They have great stuff and amazing prices.  I love the reviews you just gave.  We were looking at stuff last night and wondering if we would like it.  We normally shop online for it.

Edited by mommyoffive

Saw someone post this deal

Cheap/pay tip only Amazon fresh deal I did the tide deal which is to save $10 on $40 (I got 4x 61 ct pods = almost $100 and that automatically took $20 off) then code FRESH50 takes off $50/$100 and FRESHSAVE30 is $30/$75, got $1-2 filler items and I'm basically just paying tip. You can get other items instead of tide but it will be more oop. If you don’t have prime and can get a trial, fresh works with trials too.

• Like 1

Today is not a frugal day!  Nutcracker tickets were buy 1 get 1 half off so I bought the 4 we'll need. Then we went to Home Depot to get a new fake tree because ours got destroyed when the sewage backed up into the house in June. Originally, had my eye on the $79 one that was on sale but saw it in person and even though I don't like fake trees I couldn't buy it. It was pathetic. So, we got this one https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Accents-Holiday-7-5-ft-Pre-Lit-LED-Sparkling-Amelia-Frosted-Pine-Artificial-Christmas-Tree-with-600-Warm-White-Micro-Fairy-Lights-23PG90019/324025456 to the tune of $299. We got a few other things too. 

• Like 2