Menu

Moldy, yucky shower door

The shower stall in our master bath is just gross. The caulk around the door is moldy and the metal is rusty. Has anyone opted for a shower curtain instead of a door for a stand-alone shower stall? Would it work?

I hate cleaning shower doors, especially when they never really get clean. And I'm sure replacing it would cost quite a bit. Any ideas?

The shower stall in our master bath is just gross. The caulk around the door is moldy and the metal is rusty. Has anyone opted for a shower curtain instead of a door for a stand-alone shower stall? Would it work?

I hate cleaning shower doors, especially when they never really get clean. And I'm sure replacing it would cost quite a bit. Any ideas?

At our last house the master bath had a curtain in the shower stall. They sell liners/curtains that are made for shower stalls (they are longer) and it works fine. The only problem is that the selection isn't that great.

One of the first things I did when we moved in to this house was take out the shower/bath doors. Those things just get too disgusting for me! I like a shower curtain I can replace or wash. We replaced one of ours with a curtain rod that curves. I was surprised at how much space it feels like there is in there now! So, I recommend one of those.